Easy Mini Ham & Cheese Quiches are an easy on-the-go breakfast that can be prepped on the weekend and enjoyed on your way out the door during the week!
How to Make Mini Ham & Cheese Quiches
To start, begin by making or purchasing your pie dough. I love this recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction. Roll it out and find a cup (I use a pint glass) or other clean circular object like it that is about 3 1/2 inches in diameter. You can use this to cut out circles that you’ll shape into the tartlet or muffin pan.
Next, prepare your veggies. I like to roughly chop my spinach and chop my green onions on the smaller side. These are mini quiches, after all! To get an even consistency and distribution of flavors, it’s best to chop everything on the smaller side for this recipe. 🙂
The next thing you’ll do is add all four eggs to a small or medium mixing bowl and whisk them well. There shouldn’t be any big clear streaks of egg white left when you’re done whisking, but the mixture should still be golden yellow!
After that, add in all the remaining ingredients to the egg mixture: the veggies, salt, pepper, cheese, and a splash of milk. Stir to combine.
Next up, you guessed it: assemble the quiches. Pour the quiche batter into the tartlet or muffin pan, just below the brim of the dough. It shouldn’t spill over while baking, so don’t worry about leaving room for it to expand. It will puff up a bit, but as it cools it will relax again!
Lastly, place the quiches into the oven and bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean!
Allow them to cool for just a few minutes before enjoying.
Can You Freeze These Quiches?
You can freeze these for up to one month.
That makes this recipe great for preparing in batches ahead of time, making it for friends who are expecting or recovering from surgery (or any of those hectic life changes where having easy-to-prepare food on hand makes a world of difference), and for busy school and work weeks!
I recommend placing them in a freezer bag and squeezing all the air out of the bag before you place it in the freezer for best results!
How to Reheat the Quiches
From frozen: Heat frozen mini quiche in microwave for 45-50 seconds (microwave oven wattages vary, so this depends). Enjoy!
From refrigerated: Heat in microwave for 15 seconds. Enjoy!
Easy Ham & Cheese Mini Quiches
- tartlette pan or muffin tin
- medium bowl
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- ½ cup uncured diced ham
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded you can use any cheese you like!
- ½ cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1-2 scallions, chopped
- splash milk of choice I used half n' half
- a pinch or two salt and pepper
- 1 package Pillsbury Pie Dough (pack of 2) OR 1 batch homemade all-butter pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray your tartelette or muffin pan with cooking spray. Pro Tip: Make sure your dough is thawed for this recipe!
- Unpack thawed Pillsbury pie dough or homemade dough and roll it out until it is approx. 1/4 inch thick. Using a pint glass or something else about 3 ½ inches in diameter, cut out circles from the dough. Set aside.
- Shape dough cut-outs into prepared tart pan or muffin tin. The dough will come to the top of a tartelette pan because it's more shallow. In the muffin pan, shape the dough up a third of the height of each spot. Set the prepared pan aside for now.
- Chop spinach and scallions. Set aside.
- In a small to medium bowl, whisk eggs well. Then add spinach, scallions, diced ham, and shredded cheese. Add a splash of milk, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into the prepared pan. Fill the quiches up until the egg mixture reaches the top of the dough. Do not overfill them.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a quiche comes out clean.
- Once you remove the quiches from the oven, let them cool for 3-5 minutes before enojying. Keep in the fridge for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to two months.