Vegan Pumpkin Chai Latte is an easy, quick fix with all of your favorite fall flavors. It’s made with your favorite non-dairy coconut creamer (mine is coconut milk powder!), real pumpkin to get the best pumpkin-y flavor, and is ready in just a few minutes.
Last year, I made a recipe for a homemade chai latte mix.
It turned out pretty well, and I was pleased with it. It’s an easy recipe and it works great as a hostess gift or party favor for all the fall festivities!
But this year, I revamped it by making a simple switch in the type of non-dairy creamer I used. Turns out it made all the difference! Go figure.
It’s really not as fancy as it might sound. I added pumpkin puree and bam! Now you have pumpkin chai. Anybody probably could’ve done it. But I took the work out of it for you and now you’ll have a recipe so you can get the proportions just right!
Enjoy. And it’s officially fall–so happy fall!
What’s the Best Non-Dairy/Vegan Creamer to Use?
I can’t speak across the board as it will vary depending on your needs. However, the best vegan powdered creamer I have found so far is this vegan, gluten-free creamer by Native Forest. It’s powdered coconut milk and has a great flavor, texture, and mouthfeel. Plus, you can just add hot water to it and use it as creamer in your coffee or tea as well. So it’s great to have around!
If you want to use regular non-dairy creamers that you find in a canister, that’s perfectly fine too! I just prefer the plant-based ones myself, but it’s entirely up to your preference. If you make this recipe and have suggestions as to what you like, leave them in a comment below this post so we can all benefit!
Homemade Chai Latte Mix Recipe
To make this pumpkin chai latte, you’ll need my homemade chai latte mix recipe. Click here to get that first so you have everything you need to get started making this drink!
Vegan Pumpkin Chai Latte
- Small saucepan
- can opener
- Measuring spoon
- 2 tbsp Homemade Chai Latte Mix can be found on wellnessforwomanhood.com!
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree, unsweetened make sure it's just pumpkin–check the ingredients on the nutrition label!
- non-dairy creamer of choice, optional I top my latte with steamed oat milk
- In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup water nearly to a boil. When small bubbles start to form in the bottom of the pot, that's the heat you want the water at.
- Add 2 tbsp of homemade chai latte mix. Stir to combine, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in 3 tbsp of pumpkin puree. Keep whisking until pumpkin is fully incorporated.
- The latte portion is now done. Carefully pour the latte into a mug or glass. Add your milk of choice, steamed or not and enjoy!