This Blueberry Walnut Baked Oatmeal is super easy to throw together. It has simple ingredients that will make for a stress-free, healthy breakfast. It’s perfect for those busy weekday mornings when you need to grab something quick!
Walnuts provide healthy fats, blueberries provide antioxidants, and oatmeal provides fiber and a bit of protein to keep you full throughout your busy morning! Enjoy!
How to Make Blueberry Walnut Baked Oatmeal
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, you’re going to whisk together the milk, eggs, and honey. Next stir in the baking powder, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
Add the oats, chopped walnuts, and fresh or frozen blueberries and stir gently to combine.
Pour batter into your prepared 8×8 inch baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Some moisture is fine, but there should only be a light coating of batter!
You can store this in the fridge for up to a week and reheat it to enjoy it whenever you’d like (might I suggest: a fresh cup of hot coffee)!
Blueberry Walnut Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk or milk alternative I prefer oat or almond milk!
- 1/4 cup honey optional
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, eggs, honey, baking powder, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add oats, chopped walnuts, and blueberries. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour into 8×8 and bake 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool slightly before slicing into 9 squares. Add a drizzle of honey and any other desired toppings (more walnuts, perhaps?) and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy cold or reheated!