Caramel-Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies are the ideal holiday treat to keep your cookie game interesting!
This recipe was adapted from Double Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Food Charlatan.
These cookies were SO fun and easy to throw together. They are best enjoyed warm, since the caramel is made to firm up once it cools down!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Feel free to leave a comment and rating once you’ve tried the recipe!
Caramel-Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup special dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- large pinch of salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag Kraft Soft Caramels
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add sugars and beat again until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add chocolate chips. Stir gently.
- Form the dough into balls of desired size (I did about ping-pong sized balls). Using your index finger, poke a hole into the center (but not all the way through!) and place an entire caramel inside. then reform the dough around the caramel, making sure its in the center.
- Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before enjoying warm!